Welcome to Brentwood
Established. Upscale. Familial. Accessible.
Nestled between Bel Air, Pacific Palisades and Santa Monica, Brentwood’s allure is easy to understand. This affluent and family-focused community has so much to offer: Beautiful homes, great shopping and restaurants, a walkable lifestyle, excellent schools, the rich culture of the Getty Center and a laid-back, beachy vibe. One of LA’s sought-after “B’s” (along with Bel Air and Beverly Hills), it’s no surprise that so many in the entertainment industry land in Brentwood and never leave!
Home types: Everything from mid-century modern refuges to custom-built mansions on tree-lined streets.
What we love: Its walkability, its warm sense of community, its diverse architecture and its easy access to both the city and the beach (just 10 minutes by car and 20 minutes by bike).
Pop into the Brentwood Country Mart for your daily celeb sighting and boutique spree. Its stylish boutiques include:
- Broken English: A tiny jewelry shop that is big on exquisite jewelry offerings in all price ranges.
- James Perse: Chic, minimal clothing in soft fabrics and beautiful colors that you’ll want to wear every day.
- Jenni Kayne: The LA-designer’s boutique is filled with clothing, accessories and home items that embody Cali cool.
- Christian Louboutin: Exquisite shoes and boots by the maestro of ladies footwear.
- Goop Lab: A boutique version of Gwyneth Paltrow’s beloved GOOP site and brand, filled with everything GP deems worthy. Near the Country Mart:
- Ever After: The place to find a onesie, jersey or sparkle accessory for the trendy kid, tween or teen in your life.
There is a cuisine and scene for everyone in Brentwood.
- Baltaire is an upscale dining highlight, serving succulent prime cuts of steak and delicious seafood in a sleek space with an outdoor terrace.
- In the Country Mart, Farmshop offers gourmet groceries and deli items as well as a casual restaurant.
- The popular Brentwood Village area features shops and restaurants such as The Brentwood Restaurant & Lounge, a stylish spot that serves elevated American comfort food, craft cocktails, and a wine selection spanning more than 400 bottles.
And chic boutique hotel The Brentwood Inn
is perfect for a stay-cation or visiting friends.
Being a family-focused community, Brentwood offers countless opportunities to get active and engaged.
- Brentwood’s Barrington Recreation Center offers a wide range of sports programs and facilities, including baseball diamonds, indoor and outdoor basketball and tennis courts, fields for football and soccer, a children’s play area, and an indoor gym and auditorium.
- Basketball courts and children’s play equipment are also available at Crestwood Hills Recreation Center. The park surrounding Crestwood Hills Recreation Center features barbeque pits, picnic tables, and hiking trails as well.
- Brentwood Farmers’ Market takes place just off of San Vicente Boulevard each Sunday throughout the year, with vendors offering local produce, handmade arts-and-crafts, and other specialty foodstuffs.
In the hillsides to Brentwood’s north, the free-admission Getty Center
houses an exceptional collection of artwork that consists of European paintings from the Medieval period through to the 20th century. The gorgeous gardens at the Getty Center provide stunning panoramic views of the city of Los Angeles.
Zoned to the Los Angeles Unified Public School District, Brentwood’s schools include:
- Kenter Canyon Elementary Charter, Public (Charter), K-5
- Community Magnet Charter Elementary, Public (Magnet, Charter), K-5
- Paul Revere Charter Middle, Public (Magnet, Charter), 6-8.
And independent schools:
- Brentwood School, Private (Nonsectarian), K-12
- Archer School for Girls, Private (Nonsectarian, All-Girls), 6-12